If you’re looking for a free introductory AI course for beginner’s, Microsoft has got you covered.
The aptly-named Artificial Intelligence for Beginners is put together by Microsoft Azure Cloud Advocates, and consists of a 12 week, 24 lesson curriculum designed to introduce learners to the wonderful world of AI.
This curriculum will introduce learners to a variety of AI concepts, including, but not limited to:
- “Classical” GOFAI (good old fashion AI) approaches to AI, from symbolic approaches to knowledge representation and reasoning
- Modern approaches to AI, the backbone to which are neural networks and they deep learning techniques they allow
- Implementation of modern AI topics using TensorFlow and PyTorch
- Neural network architectures for images and text
- Alternative AI methods, including genetic algorithms and multi-agent systems
You can see specific course content, laid out lesson by lesson, here.
Lessons are taught using a variety of materials. Some of the common resources leveraged in lessons include:
- Pre-reading introductory materials, specific to the course lesson; here’s an example for Knowledge Representation and Knowledge Systems
- Instructive Jupyter notebooks, specific to PyTorch or TensorFlow, generally one for each framework per lesson
- Labs, which are assignments to be performed by learners, and which are Jupyter notebooks to be completed
- Occasional links to Microsfot Learn modules for related topics; Microsoft Learn provides access to GPU-enabled environments
You can find a mind map of the course here.