Learn everything about computer science and AI researchers: Roles and responsibilities, qualifications, top institutes, and recruiters, etc.
Roles and responsibilities: The purpose of gathering and analyzing data, regardless of application, business or industry is to drive action. Data science and data scientists enable the mining of data and inference of logical conclusions to assist decisions that eventually lead to action. Meanwhile, AI enables unmanned systems to quickly analyze a large volume and variety of data to make decisions and act independently. Thus, AI researchers, as the name suggests, research novel forms of AI technology to create new applications that use data to drive independent actions. Besides having knowledge of statistics, data science, and programming, AI researchers are also skilled in advanced domains such as deep learning, deep neural networks, and natural language processing. AI researchers are necessary to lead AI development and experimental projects and to extend the existing AI capabilities.
Average salary (per annum): US$100,784
- A strong background in programming or systems analysis
- Fluency in several computer languages
- Master’s degree in computer science or cognitive science (a combination of psychology, computer science, anthropology, and philosophy)
- Bachelor’s degree to qualify for entry-level positions
- Deep understanding of text representation techniques (such as n-grams, bag of words, sentiment analysis etc.), statistics and classification algorithms
- Knowledge of Python, Java, and R.